Tuesday, July 22

Downtime

When did you last have some quality downtime? Many people move into therapies because they want to get away from office work and yet once you start to get busy and build a client base, or decide to set up a company!, then you find yourself busy as ever. Of course, it is GOOD busy, but it's still busy.

I am today enjoying a creative long weekend, painting, sticking bits of paper onto other bits of paper, threading beads, and sorting through all the wonderful 'junk' things I find on my walks. I got out all of my creative things and just fiddled about....for about 2 days. It felt great. Last night I painted some pictures using bright pink paint, today I made a collage. It's taken me a while to wind down and let myself do stuff that stimulates me creatively rather than do stuff that I think will make me money. Though of course one wishes for the ability to do stuff creatively THAT makes money!

I went to a car boot sale and succumbed to some very cheap (£2) but absolutely adorable wooden kids playing bricks in primary colours, cubes, rectangles, pyramids and cylinders sitting in their own wooden box. I have a cupboard full of them. I can't help myself. There's something so beautiful about their simplicity. I have a huge box of plain wooden ones, slightly smaller, but wonderfully 'used' if you know what I mean, worn slightly smooth by little hands. I have an absolute passion for these 'simple' wooden toys. There's something so nostalgic about them. Perhaps when I am in my 70s I'll have cupboards heaving with them still? Sometimes I get them out and stack them myself. They cannot be broke, cannot be scratched, and need imagination to make them 'work'. Some days need to be wooden brick days. And I bet a lot of people out there collect weirder things than wooden bricks.

Jane
To find out what we do in the class room or sign-up to the Newsletter visit : www.thelondonmassagecompany.com or email us:
ask@thelondonmassagecompany.com