Sunday, February 19

Day 6 in Taiwan - Sports Massage Techniques

Today was my sixth day of teaching, my eight day in Taiwan. For breakfast one of the students brought me warm oysters, a Taiwanese delicacy. I explained how full I was from my pink cornflakes at breakfast but they insisted. She and Kelly watched as I tried one. It was 8.30am.


I had left my phone adaptor back in the hotel and was low on battery so Kelly took me to Ikea in the basement but we were not allowed in with our drinks which had to be locked away.


The students all have hypermobile elbows much like in their textbooks and we discussed the problems this caused them as therapists. They practiced manual lymphatic drainage to help reduce swelling, frictioning, trigger points, and the importance of checking for contraindications. They continue to demonstrate superb hands on skills and clearly love their work. They are caring and it was a joy to watch them perform some of the gentler massage routines. They gave me more gifts, including this neck massager.

Victoria is working very hard translating. There are more questions. Its good for the students to feel free to ask them. For a special dinner we had eel and lots of other dishes. I’m starting to hallucinate from having to try so many soft bodied sea creatures.





To see what we're up to in our London classroom visit us at : www.thelondonmassagecompany.com or join our monthly updates and shares via our newsletter